Saturday, April 16, 2011

Uh oh! Haven't posted in a while!

Oops… School and ultimate took over and I realized I haven’t blogged in about 4 weeks! The past 4 weeks have been really hard and I am almost through. Let me somewhat recapped what happened. After coming back from Stanford and my consistent battle of trying to get ahead in school work, I felt pretty tired. Unfortunately (or fortunately), 2 weeks after Stanford, Centex came along which didn’t help. For those that don’t know, Centex is a tournament in Austin, Texas. Austin’s weather was pretty amazing during my time there but that was definitely not the weekend to run away to another tournament. The week before that, I spent every night trying to finish and get ahead in school work and I basically burned myself out. I spent every day stressing out to get things done and often forgetting to eat and working well past my bed time. Sometimes, I found myself working till 3am in the morning without realizing time and I am for sure going to work even harder (as if I don’t work hard enough at organizing) to make my life is in order. One thing I know for sure is that I will never take 5 courses with Ultimate and work again. To save some money, some of my teammates and I chose to fly out of SeaTac airport but I felt that only added more stress and time wasted which didn’t really help me. Battling a shorter roster, my team as a whole played a lot, succeeded at most aspects but most importantly gained very valuable experience as a team.



Being silly at Austin's capitol building!

Upon returning to Vancouver, I was mostly ahead of my school schedule but spending an entire weekend running around and having had the extra stress of travelling really didn’t help me. I had time to do homework and other stuff but I was mentally too tired to do anything. At that point, I had loose ends to wrap up for ReviewBoard and that took up a lot of time. Overall, I still really enjoyed my experience with ReviewBoard but the last week of the term wasn’t so fun. I had some code reviews which took a little too long, a presentation and a screencast to do.

My screencast of the features that I have done.

Reviewboard was fun and I definitely want to spend more time on it. There’s definitely a lot more than can be done! :)

So after all that, more assignments and projects are done but those are over. I definitely enjoyed CPSC 320 a lot more than I thought. I finished 2 exams so I only have 1 more to do. Not too bad! This term has been a real challenge at balancing everytime and I’m definitely looking forward to a slightly chiller summer. I’ll be off on a co-op work term at PdfTron (so excited!) and I’m looking forward to doing more development work outside of school. I hope I’ll blog again sometime real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment