Saturday, August 13, 2011

Too long without an update… :(

Writer’s block? No. As usual, I haven’t blogged in 2 weeks because I’ve been dead busy. Somethings that I have noticed in the last bit:

Want to view a minified JS file but don’t want to waste fixing the formatting yourself? Try http://jsbeautifier.org/. All you have to do is copy and paste your code and it will beautify for you. However, some minifiers (spelling?) change your variable names from “book_name” to like “a” to save memory space and time used for parsing so jsbeautifier would not help you in this case.

Love JavaScript but too lazy to write the code? Try CoffeeScript. It is a little language that compiles into JavaScript and might save you time when you write the code. One down fall that I would see is that I’m not sure if it’s good to debug code that you did not write.

Buying books for the upcoming school year? UBC Bookstore prices are not a good value. Although I understand that the bookstore is a business after all, I find it very sad that they’re trying to make big bucks off the college students. Luckily, there are always alternatives. Discount Bookstore on campus is one choice while there are Amazon and ABE Books. If you’re thinking ordering online, there are international issues that have the same content but different questions (check if this is okay) and make sure to order these books in advance. Shipping might take a while. If all that fails, the UBC library usually has a copy of your textbooks available for reading only (no signing out).

No comments:

Post a Comment