
So I was trying to unzip a file that was about 24 GB with the extractor on Windows 7 last week and I came across this surprise. After selecting the folder to be unzipped to, I pressed "next" and expected to wait for 10 mins or so to unzip. However, after a short period of time, it says "There is not enough space". I wasn't paying much attention at this point and actually thought I did not have enough space. By going to my C: drive, I realized something was wrong. The drive has over 200 GB of free space. At this moment, I was confused. How could I possibly not have enough space?! What file am I trying to unzip again? Wait, it says 5.99PB. What's PB again? I know K, KB, MB, GB, and TB. PB? Err... No way.
With a bit of googling, turns out this is a known issue with the Windows Extractor. Apparently with file size above 2GB, it does not work. I downloaded 7Zip and turns out the actual file size is about 40GB. Too bad. I thought I found a zipper that could shrink my files by one million times.
No comments:
Post a Comment