Sunday, January 15, 2012

Transition from Work to School

With 2 weeks of school already gone, I should update on how I've been doing. So far, I have been really enjoying school. While the benefits of work consist of no homework, school is relaxing in the sense that I don't work 40 hours a week. In fact, during my last co-op work term, there were weeks where I was working around 45 hours a week (excluding lunch), studying an online course (EOSC 116) and playing ultimate on UBC's team on top of a long commute to work everyday. During that time, I felt like I never had time to do anything. Since the number of lecture hours are not that many, I have many choices of what I want to do on my hours whether it's studying, reviewing, or working on projects.

CPSC 319 (Software Development Project) and CPSC 304 (Database) are my favourite classes so far. For CPSC 319, my team has decided to make a university simulator game on the Android. I am in a group of 5 and we have some serious learning to do. None of us has developed any mobile applications and we are developing this from scratch. For more updates of this project, my team is providing updates on the blog, http://ubccs319team8.wordpress.com/. Nonetheless, we are really excited to tackle the crazy challenges ahead.

For my database course, my team is making a events/tasks scheduler web application. The course is a bit of review for me since I've learned quite a bit about database on my work terms. CPSC 314 (Computer Graphics) has been interesting so far but can be challenging at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment