Why is this always a reoccurring theme for me? I've started my new co-op work term at PDFTron which has been pretty awesome so far but I have been very busy! This is much different than what I have been doing in my previous 2 work terms but getting the chance to be pushed around has been rewarding. It's definitely a big change from being a student to working a solid 8 hours everyday. Anyways, I'm starting to really settle down so I hope it'll get easier from here on. Last weekend, my ultimate team was at Burlington, Washington to compete at the Northwest regionals championships in order to qualify for USAU College Championships. My team played pretty well and after 3 hard years, I'm finally going to get my first chance at USAU. So on Memorial weekend, I'll be in Boulder, Colorado to play for the title. I'm pretty stoked to finally have a chance to compete for the title! The bad news with qualifying is that now there's a lot of logistics work... After going to work for 8 hours a day, going to practice and commuting around with no car, I see myself at home spending another 2 hours dealing with email and random logistics work... I'm starting to feel pretty burnout but I feel that at the end of the day, it's going to be worth it!
It's such a new change to see the Canucks still playing at this time of the year. Can you imagine having your team not qualified for playoffs and they've been done since the first week of April? That's a while ago! This year's Canucks team is one special team. I haven't seen a team that has been as solid as this year. I'm so glad there's no more Nashville! Nucks vs Sharks series is definitely much more exciting!
Last but not least, the quick search feature in ReviewBoard that I was working on has been released in 1.6 Beta 2. It's quite an useful feature! I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to look at ReviewBoard... Grr.... Another annoying thing that has happened recently is that UBC is not funding students to go to the Grace Hopper Conference and now I'm trying to find ways to make this affordable... Anyone interested in going?
No comments:
Post a Comment