Sunday, May 22, 2011

Few days to Boulder!

It doesn’t feel very long since January was around and college season just started. I still remember how our practices were so cold, running around on frozen fields and twice was playing while it was snowing! Well, for the most part, the weather has been excellent but still likes to rain. Most important of all, my college ultimate team is heading to Boulder, Colorado for the USAU College nationals! I’m so excited! We didn’t qualify in the last 2 years and this is for all the marbles! This season has been very interesting as anyone in the top 12 teams has a really good shot at winning. I recall last year at Club regionals, when my club team Traffic qualified for club nationals, I was really sad that I made it to Club nationals before College. There’s something special about playing in college that is not the same in juniors or club. I’m not sure if it’s because of the age or how we’re all college kids or something. Anyways, I feel that my team has a really good shot as long as we are determined to win.

Canucks win again! This means they are up 3-1 and 1 win away from the Stanley Cup finals! Wow! I recall in 06-07, the first year with Luongo where the Nucks were eliminated by Anaheim, winning a playoff series was so damn hard. It’s been a real treat to watch the Canucks this season as they have almost done everything right this season so far (but not finished yet). They are the President trophy winners and are almost first (if not top 5) in every category. I hope they keep rolling through the playoffs and obviously helps when the other team decides to give us 3 5 on 3′s in a row. :P Thanks SJ!

I have another story to tell. Yesterday, I went to the NCIX at Aberdeen to look at some desktops and external hard drives. I was some what inspired by my friend, Richard who is looking to build his own computer. So, I was interested in looking at some computer parts that they sell the store. One thing I noticed was that no one at the store was there to help me but their salesman would be interested in helping other male customers despite that I was standing/looking for a long time. Stereotyping is fun eh? I walked out of the store and walked to this other computer store at Aberdeen and the same thing happened. There was a male customer that was obviously not paying attention and randomly browsing and their sales walked right past me to ask if that customer needed help. I wonder if the tech industry would see an increase in females anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment