Yay! I made it to reading week! This is usually something I’m not proud of but with what happened 2 weeks ago when I fell extremely ill, I am very happy that I made it through without crashing to rock bottom. That being said, I am by no means behind but I am very excited to have an opportunity to seriously get ahead! FUN!!! It’s somewhat hard to believe that school is going to be over in 7 more weeks. With that, summer is going to come and I’ll be off for 8 months again for another co-op work term! I’m excited this time around! I talked about this 2 posts ago but I’ll be off to PDFTron for 8 months as a software developer. Their job description was appealing to me in terms that they’re looking for passionate students to contribute to their projects and that’s what really caught my attention. I only have so many work terms and I’m willing to work hard to make the most out of them. The interview with them was definitely positive and excited to see what’s ahead!
ReviewBoard. As much as I enjoy getting the challenge, it’s been a love and hate relationship. For every step I make, like what Steve wrote on the ReviewBoard wordpress blog, it’s a massive hill to climb in order to get any success. (As of today, I’m getting owned by an AutoComplete widget). After some researching, lots of banging head to desk moments, and asking questions, things get better and I start to understand what’s happening and how to proceed with the task I’m trying to accomplish. That’s what you reach the peak and really enjoy the process of contributing to the project. After finishing, I hit rock bottom and start all over again. It’s a never ending cycle! Like what my high school math teacher said, “There’s always more”. So true… Git has been something completely new while working on this project. I’ve got to say, it’s pretty neat! It’s definitely something different compared to SVN that I have been consistently using.
I was looking around on Facebook’s career site and I saw that they have puzzles. Maybe when I have some time, I’ll go solve a couple. What caught my eye was the email address that they provided, {oxFACEBooC>>2 in decmial}@fb.com. So cool! Alright. I’m dead tired and I have practice tomorrow morning. I need some zzz!
No comments:
Post a Comment