Wow, college season is officially over. I can’t believe the season started in January and it ended last weekend in Boulder, Colorado when my team went there for the USAU college nationals championship. Even though we didn’t get the results we wanted, it was definitely a fun season. There were some bumps along the way but I guess that is what makes the college series so much more unique than any other Ultimate teams I have played on. This was an expensive tournament to attend but I was quite amazed at how well the tournament was organized. The media coverage (daily reports, videos), observers, fields, competition were absolute top notch. I haven’t been to Canadian nationals for a while. I wonder how that tournament will compare to this one.
This past weekend, I was a little sick and needed some time off and so I decided to watch Flowerbowl from the sidelines. This is the first tournament of the season and so teams looked a little rusty at times. Traffic played very well in the final and beat Riot 19-16. It’s definitely going to be different for me to play on a team with such a big roster and not being the top players on the team (as compared with college ultimate). Solstice will be around in 2 weeks and I’m definitely excited to play in that tournament! I also got to see some of my old teammates from TC 2008 on Fusion. It’s nice to see how much they have improved as well!
I can’t believe I am already on the 6th week of my co-op work term. I feel like I have so much more to prove but I am definitely ready to be better and accomplish more as I get more settled into my job. It’s definitely very different working in the real world as compared to small projects in academia. One thing I noticed for sure is that a lot of effort is spent to make sure the code is maintainable. In school projects, as long as the program still works after a month or 2 is all you need. This isn’t true in the real world as projects might be around for a very long time. Anyways, there is so much more for me to learn and I am excited to tackle new challenges!
No comments:
Post a Comment