Sunday, June 12, 2011

Media bias?

I was reading some technical news on CNN the other day and this article happened to catch my attention.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/09/technology/rim_playbook/?section=money_latest

This article talks about how RIM gives reporters products to try out and return them after trying them out. Even though CNN at the very end reported the mix up between the reporter and RIM, I don’t expect such a big organization, CNN, to report such a bias article. Because of this delayed response of RIM’s contact of retrieving the playbook, CNN can produce an article to deceive readers that RIM doesn’t want their playbooks. I wonder if the writer behind this article, Mark Stuart, was paid by Apple to give a bad image to RIM or he dislikes the playbook. I haven’t had a good chance to play around with the Playbook but I definitely don’t believe it’s quite as bad as Stuart has described it. With all the competition between companies, are readers going to expect these bias articles bashing products to out compete each other?

I seldom read entertainment news and lately have been reading lots on sports news due to the Canucks cup run. I thought those news were highly exaggerated and taken completely out of context. This leads me to believe to always be careful at reading news regardless where the origin is from.

No comments:

Post a Comment