I haven’t posted in a while because I have been dead busy everyday. Things have settled recently so I found myself sometime to blog. Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten this blog just yet.
Regarding my blog topic for today on security, I wanted to talk about how secure online accounts. Recently, I have noticed a lot of online websites that use Google accounts as a way to login. We all know Google’s presence in our daily world. Not only is Google being used for simple searches and emails, Google is almost a sensor to what we see in our daily lives through searches. But what happens if one day your Google account gets hacked or for whatever reason, Google accidentally releases your account info by mistake? This recently happened to Dropbox where no DropBox account required a password to login for 4 hours. What happens if this happened to Google? How would losing your Google account impact your life?
There are also many online website that requires membership where you have to provide a username (or email) and password that doesn’t use Google accounts as a way to login. Are those websites trustworthy? How secure are they and can you trust that they won’t use your password to exploit you? I can imagine many people not creating a new password for every single account they make. How often do you recycle a password? In our lives, I think there are way too many account numbers, passwords, emails, telephone numbers, pins to remember. Is this something to consider?
No comments:
Post a Comment