Monday, July 18, 2011

HTML5!

Since people at work are consistently talking about HTML5, I was pretty curious and I spent some time looking into the stuff. I have to say, I was VERY impressed. I was looking at this site:

http://www.htmlfivewow.com/slide1

There’s a lot of very amazing features and all the API is already available. If you go on to slide 19 of that link above, there is a drag and drop where you can upload and download files. It seems like most of the stuff is done through JavaScript. I am definitely going to try to do something in the near future on HTML5. I really want to test out all those amazing features myself. I think I am concern about is that depending on which browser the user is using, the HTML5 feature may not be supported. In the mean time, seems like Chrome has the upper hand on these features but I may be bias. I really hope that this is something to be changed in the future!

Other sites that I saw:

http://diveintohtml5.org/ – Good read if you haven’t read about HTML5 before

http://html5-demos.appspot.com/static/html5-whats-new/template/index.html#1 – Some cool features. Note that the slides sliding template is from this: http://code.google.com/p/html5slides/

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/ -

No comments:

Post a Comment