Not going to discuss about tech stuff this time but it’s always great to update this blog about myself! This past weekend, I took advantage of the long weekend (Happy 144th birthday, Canada) to head down to the US to watch Potlatch (Ultimate tourney) in Redmond, WA. It was nice to be in Redmond again and I really enjoyed the Cheesecake Factory in Bellevue. The best part of the weekend was definitely to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and watch UBC compete at the Big Muckamuck tournament that also happened at Potlatch. For those that are out of the loop, the Big Muckamuck is a tournament that consists of college teams represented by their alumni. I still have at least 2 years of school left so I did not play for UBC this weekend. It was definitely nice to see alumni from the last decade or so play for the team!
I also went to see the Boeing Tour at Everett and I have to say I was a little disappointed. For the steep price of $20, I was expecting a little more. I am pretty interested in aviation but just telling us facts about the 777, 787 etc… aren’t enough. I wish they covered more about previous airplanes and how they got to where they are today. Also, my tour had a lot of people where I found it difficult to find a spot to see the airplanes at times and hearing what the tour guide was saying. Maybe I’m not really that interested in just Boeing airplanes but more interested in the history of airplanes and more in depth information on what makes airplane fly in the sky so smoothly. An interesting fact was that Boeing does not deliver airplanes, companies have to send their own pilots to pick up the new airplanes!
Lastly, anyone got an extra Google+ invite to spare? I would love to check out what it’s really about! Is this going to be the new Facebook that some people are saying or a very optimistic opinion?
No comments:
Post a Comment